Reading Assignment: Center for Science in the Public Interest
Links From Class: Week 4 (Feb 3)
This week’s links are significantly more tangential than last week’s. That does not, however, embarrass them:
- Looking for an EV charging station in LA? This little Google Map mashup might be a good place to start.
- Doubting that E. coli can actually eat pollution? Well, if mushrooms can, then why not bacteria?
- Think you spend a lot of money on food? Egyptians spend 40% of their income, which might be why they’re so mad at their government.
- Feeling parched in sunny Southern California? Be glad you don’t live in India, but notice that the desertification risk is real right here too.
- Wondering what a plastic grocery bag would say if it could talk? Quite a lot, it turns out - and all of it in a German accent.
If I’ve missed anything especially weird or juicy, let me know.